HOW TO APPLY
SOCAPA operates under a rolling admissions policy, meaning that our admissions office reviews and decides on applications as they are received until there are no openings left in the session/program. Applicants are generally notified of their admissions status within two weeks from the time our office receives a complete application package: online application/paper application, report card, signature form, and the $500 registration deposit. In past years, we have closed some programs as early as January and yet, due to last minute cancellations, we have had openings in other programs up to two weeks before the start date. We highly recommend early application as space is competitive and limited.
Before our Admissions Office can process your application, we must receive all of the following required items. Upon receipt of complete application, it will be assessed and you will be notified of acceptance by email and by post. Please note that your space in the program is not secure until we have received and approved all application materials. In addition, final payment and forms must be received by May 1, 2013 to maintain your status. Failure to complete payment and submit forms by due date may result in cancellation of registration and loss of registration deposit. For applications submitted after the May 1 deadline, payment is due in full with application. If SOCAPA does not accept a student who has completed their application, all fees will be returned. Please refer to the Terms of Agreement for complete cancellation policy.
An application is not complete until the office has received all of the following:
- A Complete Online or Paper Application: Please complete ALL sections of the Student Details and Student Contact forms.
- Complete the Online Registration Details: Once you have completed the initial registration, the student will need to log into their online account to complete the section titled Registration Details. This section asks for experience and preference of style/program. The student also has the option to upload examples of their work. This section allows us to get a good understanding of the students previous experience as well as goals for their attendance, which helps us plan our summer programs. Please be sure that the student fills this section out.
- Your Report Card: A recent school transcript or report card showing the applicant's grades/courses from at least one marking period within the last calendar year. This does not need to be an official transcript; a photocopy or fax is fine. Many schools now have online report cards- a screenshot of this also works. International students - report cards in French, Italian, or Spanish can be sent as is. For other languages, please include a translation and explanation of the report card. This does not need to be official. What is a report card?
- Our Paper Signature Form: A signed campus-specific Signature Form acknowledging that both the primary parent and the student have read and understand our safety and supervision policies as well as our other policies outlined in our Terms of Agreement.
- A Registration Deposit: A $500 nonrefundable registration deposit is also required to secure your place in the program. This deposit is applied to the cost of the tuition. If there is no space or you are not accepted to the program, your deposit will be returned. Cancellations and/or failure to complete the application will not receive a return of the deposit, as explained in the Terms of Agreement. You may pay the deposit online using a credit card (MasterCard or Visa) or you may send in a personal check or wire transfer after you complete the online application.
Once Accepted: Additional forms and payment are due May 1, though they can be completed at anytime. For families applying after May 1, all forms and complete payment are due with the application. For details on these final registration forms, see our Once Accepted page. In sum, we will need the Health History of the applicant completed by a parent and submitted throught the online account; Medical Release form, completed and signed by applicant, parent, and child's doctor; copy of Health Insurance card; and Travel Details.
|START ONLINE APPLICATION|
DO YOU STILL HAVE SPACE?
The best way to determine if there is still space in a given program is to start our Online Application process. If you can select "Register Now!" next to a program, then the program is still available. If instead of "Register Now!" you see the words "CLOSED, JOIN WAITLIST" then the program is no longer available except as Waitlist. To join our waitlist for a given program, simply click on this "Join Waitlist" link next to the program's listing. If a student cancels or if the waitlist gets large enough to justify opening another class, we will notify you immediately!